Word Press: Date
As a NOUN:
1. The day of the month or year as specified by a number. “What’s the date today?”
synonyms: day, day of the month, occasion, time; More
2. A social or romantic appointment or engagement. “A college student on a date with someone he met in class.”
synonyms: appointment, meeting, engagement, rendezvous, assignation; commitment
“a lunch date”
3. The person with whom one is going to a social gathering. “Would you be my date to the prom?”
4. The oblong edible fruit of a palm (Phoenix dactylifera).
5. The tall palm with pinnate leaves that yields the date fruit.
As a VERB:
Establish or ascertain the date of (an object or event).“They date the paintings to 1460–70”synonyms: assign a date to, ascertain the date of, put a date on“The sculpture can be dated accurately.”
Indicate or expose as being old-fashioned.“Disco—that word alone dates me. So does watching Cheers!”